Final Plat Plan Review | Final Plat Inspection
The Final Plat plan review must include the following:
- Fire Hydrant GPS Coordinates in the State Plane, Northern and Easting Format.
- The Water Flow Data:
- GPM, Static Pressure, Residual Pressure and the Location of the Fire Hydrant flowed.
- Once the final plat plan review is approved, we will then go on-site and do a field inspection of the final plat.
The focus of the Final Plat Inspection is to verify that proper accessibility and water supply is available in a subdivision or planned community.
Final plat approval is required prior to beginning any combustible construction.
Checklist Items for This Inspection:
- Gated entrances require lock box or Knox key switch for emergency access and must provide at least 20' minimum clear width
- All road widths at least 20' minimum (not including curb or gutter)
- Weatherproof street signs in place
- Hydrant at main entrance, at all intersections, at end of line in all cul-de-sacs and a minimum of every 1000'
- Hydrants must be indicated on final plat
- Hydrants must have steamer cap oriented toward mid line of road
- Hydrants must have centerline of steamer cap at least 18" above final grade
- All hydrants must be operational
- Cul-de-sacs and turnarounds must meet turning radius requirements of Cherokee County Development Regulations, Section 4.0. Development Standards and
- The 2012 International Fire Code
If the inspection fails there is a $150.00 reinspection fee, then after that there will be a $200.00 reinspection, the fee is continued for each additional failed inspection afterwards.