Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services
1130 Bluffs Parkway, Canton GA 30114
Phone:(678)493-6290 Fax: (678)493-6111
Construction requirement submittal
This is not an all-inclusive list but this should be used as a guide for plan submittal.
The following is required by the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office for plan submittal for commercial projects in Cherokee County:
- Building Name:
- Building Address:
- Project Name:
- Tenant’s name:
- Phone number:
- Deign professional: Name:
This is for construction and possible change in use.
Please provide compliance and notes for the following on the plans according to the International Building Code (IBC code) and the Life Safety Code (LSC)
- IBC Allowable area:
- IBC Actual area/square footage:
- IBC Allowable height:
- IBC Actual height/ number of stories;
- IBC Area and height increase (show calculations on the plans): IBC Building Construction type:
- Does the building need a sprinkler system according to the IBC? Does the building need a sprinkler system according to the LSC? Is the building sprinklered?
- Does the building need a fire alarm system according to the LSC or any other codes? Does the building have a fire alarm?
- Occupancy class according to the IBC:
- Occupancy class according to the LSC:
- Occupant load according to the LSC:
- Of the entire building/ suite:
- Broken down by each room:
- Broken down by each use:
Provide the following:
- Architectural and engineered stamps as required
- Wall details:
- Provide a list of all fire-resistance rated assemblies. Also, provide a diagram of the actual testing agency design and include the approved tested design number.
o Fire partitions
- A door schedule to include the following:
o Rating of doors
o Fire hardware
o Panic devices
Is there a Knox Box on the building?
The FDC is not to be placed on the building
A site plan indicating the location of the building
Are the plans for?
- New construction Addition
- Tenant finish
- White Box
For and addition or a remodel provide the following:
o Mechanical plans
o Plumbing plans
o Electrical plans
Include the following as needed:
- A summary of flammable and/or combustible liquids in use and storage. If there is going to be storage in the building
- Height of the storage
- If there will be racking in the building
Effective January 30, 2014 State Adopted Codes:
Please verify all currents Georgia State Amendments
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code 2012 Edition with current Georgia Amendments
- NFPA 13 2013 Edition with current Georgia Amendments
- NFPA 72 2013 Edition with current Georgia Amendments
- NFPA 96 2011 Edition with current Georgia Amendments
- International Building Code, 2012 Edition, with current Georgia Amendments
- International Residential Code, 2012 Edition, with current Georgia Amendments
- International Fire Code, 2012 Edition, with current Georgia Amendments
- International Plumbing Code, 2012 Edition, with current Georgia Amendments
- International Mechanical Code, 2012 Edition, with current Georgia Amendments
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2012 Edition, with current Georgia
- AmendmentsNational Electrical Code, 2014 Edition with current Georgia Amendments
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2009 Edition, with Georgia Supplements and current Georgia Amendments
- International Fire Code 2012 Edition with current Georgia AmendmentsNational Electrical Code 2011 Edition with current Georgia Amendments
- Georgia 120-3-20 Effective March 15, 2012 Access to and use of Public Facilities by Handicapped Persons.
*These amendments to the State Minimum Standard Codes can be found at the GeorgiaDepartment of Community Affairs web site. All listed amendments for each corresponding code are applicable.
- Please add the note below to the coversheet of all plans being submitted tothe Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s office forreview.
o Please complete and submit Owner information certificate asrequested.
- This is available on the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’swebsite.
o The following plans have been reviewed by the Cherokee County FireMarshal’s Office.
o The drawings were reviewed under the applicable laws adopted at thetime.
o Every effort was made to ensure codecompliance.
o Any code violations that were missed during the plan review are theowner’s responsibility and must be corrected in order to receive final approval or a certificate ofoccupancy.
o The following are required, a pre-construction meeting, a 50%, 80% and 100% inspection.
o Sprinkler pipes require a pipe check prior to the hanging of the sprinkler pipe,for welded pipeonly.
o Site work needs a pre-construction meeting as well as undergroundinspections.
o Please call the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s officeat 678-493-6290oremail email@example.com pre-construction meetings and allinspections.
· ALL BUILDING MUST COMPLY WITH THE 2012 IFC SECTION 510 EMERGENCY RESPONDER RADIOCOVERAGE.
o This will be determined at the 80% inspection.If there is not proper radio coverage from the inside of the building, you will be required to comply with thissection.
o The code is available on our website under 2012 IFCSECTION510EMERGENCYRESPONDERRADIO COVERAGE.
- Please add the note below to the coversheet of all construction plans beingsubmitted to the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s office forreview.
o The following plans must be electronic submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org approved prior to the start ofany construction in theirdiscipline:
- The plans will be issued once the fees have beenpaid.
o The plans will be emailed back to applicant and a hard copy job site set ofplans must be kept onsite.
o The Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s will not require a hard copy of theplans.