January 28, 2019
UPDATE: January 28th - 5:30PM -
A new incident has been created in WebEOC: "2019-01-27 Winter Weather Event - EOC Activation 2019-01"
*Cherokee County EOC will activate at Level 1 (Full) at 7 AM*
Current closings for Tuesday, January 29, 2019:
- All Cherokee County Government Offices (this includes the Justice Center)
- All Cherokee County School District schools and offices
- Cherokee County Tax Commissioner’s Offices
- Holly Springs Municipal Court scheduled for Tuesday, January 29th, has been rescheduled to Tuesday, February 12th, at 9:00 AM due to the potential inclement weather tomorrow.
- North Georgia Health District 1-2 offices in Dalton and County Health Departments and public health services
- Reinhardt University's on-ground classes will not meet and administrative offices will be closed
- Cherokee CATS will not be operating routes
Cherokee County is now included in a Winter Weather Advisory from 3AM - 7PM
Here is a summary from the 4 PM NWS Webinar (slides are attached) (Here is the link to the recording as well: https://youtu.be/527hPAGe5xU )
- Forecast calls for 1-2" of snow
- Precipitation will transition from rain to snow from 6am-10am
- Temperatures are expected to drop below freezing around 7 am
- The system should move through quickly leaving clearing skies & windy conditions that should help dry roads somewhat.
- Black ice will be possible in any area where moisture remains.
- Temperatures on Wednesday morning will be around 15 (wind chill 10) & afternoon high 39.