Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services
1130 Bluffs Parkway, Canton GA 30114
Phone:(678)493-6290 Fax: (678)493-6111
Construction submittal requirements
This is not an all-inclusive list but this should be used as a guide for plan submittal.
The following is required by the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office for plan submittal for commercial projects in Cherokee County:
- Building Name:
- Building Address:
- Project Name:
- Tenant’s Name:
- Phone Number:
- Design Professional Name:
This is for construction and possible change in use.
Please provide compliance and notes for the following on the plans according to the International Building Code (IBC code) and the Life Safety Code (LSC)
- IBC Allowable area:
- IBC Actual area/square footage:
- IBC Allowable height:
- IBC Actual height/ number of stories;
- IBC Area and height increase (show calculations on the plans): IBC Building Construction type:
- Does the building need a sprinkler system according to the IBC? Does the building need a sprinkler system according to the LSC? Is the building sprinklered?
- Does the building need a fire alarm system according to the LSC or any other codes? Does the building have a fire alarm?
- Occupancy class according to the IBC:
- Occupancy class according to the LSC:
- Occupant load according to the LSC:
- Of the entire building/ suite:
- Broken down by each room:
- Broken down by each use:
Provide the following:
- Architectural and engineered stamps as required.
- Wall details:
- Provide a list of all fire-resistance-rated assemblies. Also, provide a diagram of the actual testing agency design and include the approved tested design number.
o Fire barriers
o Fire partitions
A door schedule shall include the following:
o Rating of doors
o Fire hardware
o Panic devices
A Knox Box will be provided.
The FDC is not to be placed on the building.
A site plan indicating the location of the building.
What are the plans for?
Please indicate this on the plans.
- New Construction, Addition
- Tenant Finish
- White Box
For an addition or a remodel provide the following:
o Mechanical plans
o Plumbing plans
o Electrical plans
Include the following as needed:
- A summary of flammable and/or combustible liquids in use and storage. If there is going to be storage in the building
- Height of the storage
- If there will be racking in the building
Effective January 1, 2020 State Adopted Codes:
Please verify all currents Georgia State Amendments
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 Life Safety Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2020 International Electrical Code
- 2019 NFPA 13
- 2019 NFPA 72
- 2019 NFPA 96
- And all current state amendments
*These amendments to the State Minimum Standard Codes can be found at the GeorgiaDepartment of Community Affairs website. All listed amendments for each corresponding code are applicable.
Please complete and submit an Owner Information Certificate as required.
- This is available on the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s website.
- Please add the note below to the coversheet of all plans being submitted to the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s office for review.
o The following plans have been reviewed by the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office.
o The drawings were reviewed under the applicable laws adopted at the time.
o Every effort was made to ensure code compliance.
o Any code violations that were missed during the plan review are the owner's responsibility and must be corrected in order to receive final approval or a certificate of occupancy.
o The following are required, a pre-construction meeting, a 50%, 80%, and 100% inspection.
o Sprinkler pipes require a pipe check prior to the hanging of the sprinkler pipe, for welded pipe only.
o Site work needs a pre-construction meeting as well as underground inspections.
o Please call the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s office at 678-493-6290or email email@example.com for pre-construction meetings and all inspections.
·ALL BUILDINGS MUST COMPLY WITH THE 2018 IFC SECTION 510 EMERGENCY RESPONDER RADIO COVERAGE.
o This will be determined at the 80% inspection. If there is not proper radio coverage from the inside of the building, you will be required to comply with this section.
o The code is available on our website under 2018 IFC SECTION 510 EMERGENCY RESPONDER RADIO COVERAGE.
- Please add the note below to the coversheet of all construction plans being submitted to the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s office for review.
o The way the plans have been submitted the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office has changed and the plans will now be submitted online through the https://cityview.cherokeega.com/cvprodportal/ under “apply for a building permit”.
The following are submitted to the DSC:
- Building plans
- Site Plans
- Kitchen Hood Systems
- Paint Booths
- Rack plans
The way the plans have been submitted the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office has changed and the plans will now be submitted online through the https://cityview.cherokeega.com/cvprodportal/ under “apply for a building permit”.
- Blasting Permit
- Commercial Fire Pit
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Sprinkler
- Fireworks Display
- Hood Suppression
- Paint Booth Suppression
- A Fireworks stand will be applied for through the https://cityview.cherokeega.com/cvprodportal/ and is considered a Special Event:
- The plans will be issued once the fees have been paid.