Please take note:
- There will be new codes adopted by the Georgia DCA effective 1-1-2020.
- Any building that is under the jurisdiction of the Georgia State Fire Marshal’s Office must be submitted to the Georgia State Fire Marshal’s Office and to the Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office for review and approval if the building is within Cherokee County.
- The Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office will charge a review fee for all reviews as stated in the fee schedule on this website.
- All plans must follow the normal submittal process for Cherokee County Fire Marshal’s Office.
- A Knox Box is required on all buildings.
Adoption of New Code Editions and Georgia State Amendments as stated by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
All codes shall have Current Georgia Amendments
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 Life Safety Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2020 International Electrical Code
- 2019 NFPA 13
- 2019 NFPA 72
- 2019 NFPA 96
- All current state amendments